1 butter pie crust
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
1 cup (roughly) sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated in warm water then drained.
1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
1 cup milk
1 packed cup provolone (or whatever cheese you have on hand)
2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare crust according to recipe directions. (Make sure to pre-bake the crust for 10-15 minutes in a 450 F oven until lightly browned.)
2. To caramelize the onions, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions and soft and golden brown, about 25-35 minutes, reducing the heat as necessary to prevent burning.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F. Scatter onions in the bottom of the pre-baked crust. Top with the tomatoes, corn, basil, and chives.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the eggs, milk, and cheese. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour over the filling.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, until the center is set and the top is golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Makes a 9-inch round Quiche.