Wow! I have been nominated for another award and I am rather honored that I have been It is the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you Wax over at Wax’s World for nominating me. It’s such an honor and I’d like to take a moment to tell you a little about her because we both took part in the Blogging 101/201 courses this past May and had a lot of fun. Afterwards a group of us decided to form a group blog and we are both part of this wonderful group of blogger that has formed. We have bonded over these experiences and it has been amazing. Come check out what we have going on at the Covey View, for a tour of the world…Wax is one of our authors over at CV so be sure to check out both her personal blog and CV for wonderful posts from her!
I am now accepting this award. It always feels good when another blogger nominates you for one of these awards. Thank you for bringing a little brightness to my day.
Here are the guidelines:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Facts: (I’ve already shared some facts about myself here, so I’m having a hard time thinking of another seven. Hehe.)
1. It is one of my goals to one day own chickens. A lot of them. Not to the point where one would say I’m a chicken farmer, but I want enough that I can have my own eggs, give eggs to my close friends, and have several different breeds of chickens.
2. My favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla. I’m talking rich decadent high quality vanilla bean. Not just any vanilla.
3. I won my first award as a writer when I was in kindergarten. I have won several awards since then through various school writing classes, and through competitions my teachers thought my writings were worth submitting various writings for.
4. Even with the aforementioned awards, I’m still very self conscious about my writing and that has proven to be the limiting factor and why it has taken me so long to start sharing my writing with the world and to start pursuing it as a career and to start writing my first book.
5. My favorite season has always been Autumn. Followed by Spring. It seems I favor the seasons of transition. They both seem more alive to me. I also feel more connected to the Earth, nature, and well everything else during these times. I started a seasonal Tumblr a year or so ago that I try to keep updated regularly to reblog pictures showcasing the seasons. It’s a small hobby of mine that I use to calm my mind when I’m overwhelmed.
6. If I’m sitting at a coffee shop by myself, it is not uncommon for complete strangers to come sit with me and start talking to me about their lives, problems, and will often at some point remark “I’m not sure why I’m telling you this, but I feel comfortable talking to you”. I have started a good few friendships in this way. This has been a trait of mine since I was a teenager.
7. I overreact when it comes to spiders, bees, and snakes or so I have been told. Recently there was a large jumping spider in the car with us and it ran across my arm. I screamed and attempted to distance myself by climbing up the door/window. He let me know this was absurd. The spider disappeared. A few short minutes later the bastard thing ran out of it’s hiding place toward me as if it was charging at me. I screamed and essentially hyperventilated, before managing to kill it. Again Doug let me know this was an overreaction, and more along the lines of how I should react if a snake was in the car. He does not want to see how I would react if there was a snake in the car.
Now, here are other amazing blogs I found inspiring (in no particular order):
- Live Laugh Love
- Hugh’s Views & News
- The Moments Matter
- On The Road to Inkrichment
- Because I Can
- It’s Just Lupus
- The Life Of A Lupie Momma
- Walk With Me On My Journey Of Illness To The Road Of Happiness And A Life Of Fulfillment
- Labeled Disabled
- Remind Your Mind
- Living, Learning, and Letting Go
- Lupie Thoughts
- Tales of a Recovering Recoverer
- Little Girl Story
Congratulations to the blogs above, you all have inspired me on more than one occasion and I am honored to have crossed paths with you all! Have fun!