A few Quick Facts:
- Lupus is an autoimmune disease.
- Lupus can damage any organ in the body.
- Lupus can cause life-threatening consequences.
- Ninety percent of the people who devPostselop lupus are females.
- It can take several years to get properly diagnosed
- There are 11 diagnostic criteria for Systemic Lupus
- Not all people with Lupus have the Butterfly Rash but it is fairly common in Lupus patients
- Positive Lab Results are not required for a diagnosis of Lupus (I did not have positive SLE antibodies at the time of my diagnosis but I have Lupus)
- Lupus is not contagious
How can you help?
Visit Lupus Foundation of America for a few ideas on how you can help raise awareness, volunteer, find clinical trials and other ideas to help those suffering from Lupus.
Don’t forget Put on Purple Day is coming up on May 16th! Wear Purple to show raise awareness and support for those affected by Lupus! If you decide to participate I would love to see pictures of everyone participating! On the 16th I will post a picture of myself in my Purple Shirt, If you would like please comment on that post with links to your pictures.